Cardinal Station is a 21st Century Community Learning Center that is offered Monday – Thursday for Taylor County Elementary School students. Cardinal Station is offered before and after school for 110 days of the school year. The program operates each morning from 7-8am and each afternoon from 3-5pm. All students are eligible to stay after school. Transportation is not offered at this time.
Cardinal Station is a very academic-oriented program, but we also like to have fun. We offer several enrichment activities to choose from that are educational and age-appropriate. Please see the list below.
Cardinal Station Schedule:
7:00 - 8:00 am - Homework Help, Computer Access, Printing Capabilities, Reading Time (With a Partner or Silently)
3:00 - 3:15 - Free Snack to all students
3:15 – 4:15 – Homework Help
Monday and Wednesday- Reading
Tuesday and Thursday- Math
4:15 - 4:30 – Dismiss from Academic Session (pick-up Lakeside with car tag)
4:15 - 5:00 – Enrichment Activity
5:00 – Dismiss from Cardinal Station
(Enter through front door to sign-out students)
Cardinal Station has goals that we strive to meet each year. The goals include:
1) Improve academic achievement
2) Integrate at-risk students and their families into school, community, and world culture.
3) Increase positive student behavior
4) Increase parents/guardians participation in literacy and education programs
Expansion Grant Objectives:
1) Increase the number of primary grade students performing above the 50% percentile in reading and math (using MAPS)
2) To increase students' physical wellness
3) To increase parents/guardians participation in literacy and education
WE NOW HAVE:
ARTS & CRAFTS
TCES DRUG-FREE CLUB
4-H COOKING CLASS
KIDS IN ACTION
ALADDIN THE MUSICAL!!!!