When inclement weather is in the forecast, the follow procedures will be followed:
- Six transportation employees, plus the Superintendent, will personally drive designated areas of the county to check road conditions between 4:30-5:00 a.m.
- This team will meet collectively at 5:30 a.m. to make the decision regarding school cancellation/delay.
- Future forecast will be taken into consideration when making cancellation/delay/early release decisions.
- Decisions to call off or delay school will be made by the Superintendent after consultation with the transportation staff and communications with surrounding districts and weather personnel.
NOTE:In inclement weather, parents/guardians will make the final decision on whether to allow their student to drive to school. If the parent/guardian determines roadways to be unsafe for their student driver, the absence will be excused upon notification.
The decisions to call off school or to dismiss school early will be made with enough advance notice to mobilize busses and inform families and staff.
- Radio and TV stations will be notified as soon as possible.
- Parents/staff will be notified via the automated School Messenger One Call system.
- Updates will be posted to Taylor County School District social media:
- Facebook/Taylor County Schools
- Twitter/ @TC_Schools_KY
- Instagram/ @tc_schools_ky
Any questions may be directed to the Board office at (270) 465-5371.